Leadhome is looking for enthusiastic, ambitious developers who are looking to be part of a revolutionary business, people who are passionate about solving technical challenges and delivering value.
We’re a small team of both generalists and specialists, with a diversity of skills and backgrounds. We work mostly with .NET Core, ReactJS and NodeJS.
What you’ll be building
We’re building the world’s best real estate experience. This includes
- Customer-facing software – where people can self-service all their property needs
- Automation software – a human shouldn’t do what a computer can do better
- Back-office and CRM software – enabling our staff to deliver the best, most efficient service to our clients
- .NET Core
- PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
What we’re looking for in a developer
3+ years’ software development experience.
Technical skills (you don’t need to know all of these, but at least a few):
- Developing services and business logic with .NET Core and/or NodeJS
- Developing modern web applications using JS frameworks like React, Angular, Vue, etc.
- Working with APIs (REST & GraphQL)
- Solid knowledge of HTML5 & CSS
- Solid understanding of relational database design
- Unit testing, integration testing & E2E testing
- Devops & CI/CD configuration
- Collaborative team player (no brilliant jerks)
- Excellent communicator
- Natural problem solver
- Effective in a growing, agile team
- Ability to think about the product, not just the code.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Microservice architectures
- Styled components in ReactJS
- Geospatial data
- Real estate
The working atmosphere is open, collaborative and flexible. We value hard work, innovation and excellence. We encourage good work/life balance. We teach and learn from each other. We favour communication over bureaucracy, and roles over titles.
Our mission is to transform the South African real estate industry in favour of consumers. We’re ambitious in the goals we set for ourselves in order to accomplish this.
Our development process
We follow an agile process, combining elements of Scrum, Lean and Kanban. We work in 2-week sprints with daily “standups” over video call. We adapt our processes and workflows as needed – nothing is set in stone – and teams are free to experiment with and design their own processes, in the spirit of “highly autonomous, highly aligned” teams. Designers, developers and analysts work together closely in small, cross-functional teams, rather than as separate departments.
We like clean, high quality code. All code is peer-reviewed and automatically tested and deployed to a development environment when it’s committed. We deploy code to production as soon as it’s ready. Deploying to production involves merging a pull request to the master branch – no manual deploys, ever.
We set the bar high when hiring, so everyone here is really good at what they do. Check out leadhome.co.za/meet-the-team.
Why work with us?
- We pay a competitive salary in the range of ~ R30k – R70k per month, depending on skills and experience.
- You’ll be working in a small, autonomous product team with real influence over technical decision making.
- You’ll be working in a company whose business and technology is rapidly expanding – gaining insight into how a business and product is built from the ground up, with exposure to different skills and personalities, including tech, sales, finance and business.
- We have a really awesome office in Joburg, with great coffee + Friday lunches & drinks.
- But, we work remote-first: Meetings happen over video call by default, unrestricted WFH days for those based at the office, and fully remote workers are welcome (SA-based only). We have core hours but outside of that working hours are flexible.
- We do our best to provide you with high quality hardware and all the software & tools you need, as well as learning resources (e.g. Pluralsight subscription) as required.
The interview process
The first step is to send your CV, as well as anything else you think is relevant (Github profile, portfolio, etc.) to email@example.com. If we like what we see, we’ll invite you for an interview.
The process is as follows:
- A 30min Hangouts/Zoom/Skype call with our CTO to see if we’re a fit for each other.
- A live technical interview where we test your knowledge and see how you solve problems with code. If you have your own computer, we prefer that you do it on your own machine, where you’ve got your own environment set up the way you like it. You can use Google/StackOverflow/whatever you need. We usually do this over video call with screen sharing.
- A meeting with your future teammates, to see if you’re a fit for our culture, and for you to see if you want to work with us. If you’re in Gauteng, you’ll come to our office for this.
- A small take-home project to do in your own time, where we see how you approach a real-world development task.