Senior UI/UX Designer
R25,000 - R55,000
Passionate about designing modern elegant-yet-functional interfaces?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, mid-senior UI/UX product designer to join our team and be part of a revolutionary business that offers a competitive salary as well as equity participation.
We’re a mid-stage startup disrupting real estate. Seriously. This is not buzzword abuse. You’ll be part of a small team designing a digital-first platform for people selling their homes, just to begin with.
Working at leadhome and our team portfolio: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uR2UGUqHZL_6ut9e0hG-BgHPZmwLLA9c0C4tnaXjPuU/edit?usp=sharing
5+ years of experience in designing face-meltingly gorgeous modern interfaces. It’s okay if browsing Dribbble or Behance makes you feel inadequate.
- A good portfolio!
- 5+ years of UI design experience
- Good understanding of UX design
- Ability to solve complex UI challenges
- Designing with Sketch
- Designing responsive websites
- Designing transactional emails
- Soft shadows excite you a little bit
- Basic Knowledge of HTML & CSS
Nice to haves
- Familiar with UX research, user testing and design thinking.
- Interactive prototyping experience. (Invision or Framer etc)
- Wireframing & iA experience.
- Experience with component/pattern libraries and atomic design.
- Able to design vector Illustrations.
- Experience in Interaction design / animation.
- You’re more unicorn than human.
- Able to send us your portfolio of work!
- You want to design digital products, not just pages.
- You want access to the latest design and tech resources.
- You want to work in a company where design and UX is highly valued.
- You’re able to think collaboratively but work independently.
- You’re an excellent communicator & problem solver.
- You’re tired of corporate bureaucracy, you want to make stuff happen.
- You’re effective in a small team and able to work without being micromanaged.
- You’re able to think beyond the product boundary to suggest solution alternatives.
- You think real estate is broken and you want to drag it into the 21st century.
What we offer
- Salary of R25k – R55k per month, depending on skills and experience.
- Equity participation in the company.
- An open, friendly and collaborative environment.
- Small autonomous product team with real influence over decision making.
- An environment that welcomes trying out new products, services or tools.
- Everyone at Leadhome is really good at what they do and get’s to continually grow.
- Exposure to how a business is built from the ground up.
- Working hours are flexible, with allowance for occasional remote working.
- Future benefits we envision include medical aid, pension contribution and paid lunch. These will be in addition to salary.
284 Oak Avenue, Randburg, Johannesburg