R20,000 - R35,000
Passionate about designing modern elegant-yet-functional interfaces?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, mid-level designer (UI & UX) to join our team and be part of a revolutionary business that offers a competitive salary as well as equity participation.
We’re a mid-stage startup disrupting real estate. Seriously. This is not buzzword abuse. You’ll be part of a small team designing a digital-first platform for people selling, buying and renting homes, just to begin with.
3+ years of experience in designing face-meltingly gorgeous modern interfaces.
In this role you will primarily work with and learn from senior product designers and work across various innovative products and real-estate platforms. Doing user research, business problem research, prototyping, user testing, engaging with stakeholders and most of all; designing interfaces. You will also be leading the designs (inc research and planning if you have a knack for it) for the leadhome.co.za and bondspark.co.za websites.
The position is responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative for websites, products, infographics, presentations, emails and creative marketing campaigns. The work is primarily digital with very rare print or branding working.
- A good portfolio
- 4+ years of UI design experience
- 1+ years of UX research experience or a keen understanding of usability in your portfolio
- Enjoy working with Marketing and UX teams
- Experience in working with marketing teams
- Ability to solve complex business challenges
- Designing with Sketch or Figma and Photoshop
- Soft shadows excite you a little bit
- Basic Knowledge of HTML & CSS
Nice to haves
- Passionate about great design
- Interested in UX
- Interested in Marketing & SEO
- Interactive prototyping experience.
- Wireframing & iA experience.
- Experience with component/pattern libraries and atomic design.
- Able to design vector Illustrations.
- Experience in Interaction design / animation.
- Can deal with resource constraints and manage your time effectively
- You’re more unicorn than human.
- You must be able to send us a portfolio (PDF, Website, Jpegs, Behance…)
- You want to design digital products
- You want access to the latest design and tech resources.
- You want to work in a company where design is highly valued.
- You’re able to think collaboratively but work independently.
- You’re an excellent communicator & problem solver.
- You’re tired of corporate bureaucracy, you want to make stuff happen.
- You’re effective in a small team and able to work without being micromanaged.
- You think real estate is broken and you want to drag it into the 21st century.
What we offer
- Salary of R20k – R35k per month, depending on skills and experience.
- Equity participation in the company.
- An open, friendly and collaborative environment.
- Small autonomous product team with real influence over decision making.
- An environment that welcomes trying out new products, services or tools.
- Everyone at Leadhome is really good at what they do and get’s to continually grow.
- Exposure to how a business is built from the ground up.
- Working hours are flexible, with allowance for occasional remote working.
- Future benefits we envision include medical aid, pension contribution and paid lunch. These will be in addition to salary.
- View our design portfolio and process
284 Oak Avenue, Randburg, Johannesburg (or work remotely)