Back to Business as usual! But, we are taking extra precautions to ensure that we mitigate the risk of the pandemic spreading and we will do everything in our power to ‘flatten the curve’ as well as keep abreast of the developments and guidance provided by the National Health Department and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
We will be implementing the following business protocols:
New Normal at Leadhome the Office
Back to Business as usual but taking extra precaution:
- Our offices have hand sanitisers available at the entrance and we request that you make use of a hand sanitiser before and after signing documents.
- Boardroom tables and reception areas are frequently sanitised for the protection of our clients and team members.
How will our Real Estate Agents keep themselves and you safe?
- Our Real Estate Agents will exercise all necessary precautions, including wearing face masks, regular hand sanitising and social distancing.
- Observe social distancing during appointments.
- No client contact will take place with Agents who fall within this high-risk category. Our comprehensive office network will ensure that all client interfacing requirements are handled by an appropriate and fully briefed substitute Agent.
- All Agents, who fall within the high-risk category, will self-isolate and operate remotely. That is, all agents who have been in direct or indirect contact with a COVID-19 person, who have recently returned from or travelled abroad to high-risk countries themselves, or who have been in contact with older adults who have serious chronic illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, chronic lung disease etc. This will apply when following up on leads or marketing the property etc.
- Our team members will be wearing a face mask when signing any documents.
- Our offices have hand sanitisers available at the entrance and we request that you make use of the same before signing documents.
How to get my house ready for a viewing?
The following precautions will be strictly adhered to for physical viewings:
- Firstly we need you to open up space in your calendar for viewings.
- All viewings must be booked in advance.
- Only 2 people will be allowed in the property at any given time, and weather permitting it may be advisable for the seller to stand outside.
- Deep clean and sanitise your surfaces before and after the viewing.
- Minimise touching of surfaces by opening doors and turn on lights to minimise contact.
Although we may try to ascertain whether one poses a risk of infection, ultimately the onus is on every individual, who will be conducting or attending a viewing, to ensure that they have not been exposed to, and are thus not risking exposing anyone else to, Covid-19. That is, they should not have been in direct or indirect contact with a person confirmed to have Covid-19 and should not have travelled abroad to high risk areas in the last 14 days.
What to do when viewing a property:
- Everyone must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- Clients will be requested to adhere to certain safety protocols eg. social distancing, sanitising etc.
- Clients are encouraged not to touch any doors, furniture or items in the property.
- Be considerate to the homeowner by sanitising your hands frequently.
- Only 2 people in the property at any given time and weather permitting it may be advisable for the seller to stand outside.
- A ‘by appointment confirmation’ Email and SMS is necessary for tracking purposes to ensure that we are aware of all who is attending the viewings should we need to get in touch with either buyer / seller / tenant / landlord.
- Keep a hand sanitiser on hand and use it frequently.
Special Note for sellers and agents who attend seller introductions
- Find out from sellers if anyone on the premises is high-risk. If so, no property visits will take place until it is deemed safe to do so.
- No physical contact with sellers or prospective buyers eg. no hand shaking, hugging etc.
- Observe social distancing during appointments.
- Thorough sanitising before and after appointments of hands, keys etc.
- Rely on digital documentation where possible to avoid handling of any documents or keys etc.
- Buyers will be requested to adhere to certain safety protocols: meeting at viewing houses, social distancing, sanitising etc.
Virtual viewings are available, please contact our property advisors to arrange.
- Confirmation by appointment Email for tracking purposes to ensure we are aware of all who is attending (photographer, day and time)
- Sellers to ensure that properties are “photo-ready as per the home prep guide”
- All doors to be opened before the viewing including internal/external doors, garage doors and out building which
- Social distancing of 1,5 meters at ALL times
- Photographers to be in and out in record time
- No more than 2 people in the property one time
- Visible sanitizing for both photographer and seller
Download our home preparation guide on how to best prepare your home for photography.
Book a free, no obligation valuation with one of our real estate agent - all in less than a minute!Book a valuation
Stay up to date
Would you like to get property tips delivered straight to your inbox?Sign up for our newsletter