The mountain of paperwork you need to have in place to sell a home can seem daunting. But don’t sweat. We have prepared a nice overview and summary for you.
The process of transferring property from one party to another is called conveyancing, which includes the registration of mortgage bonds and real rights. This process usually takes 6 to 12 weeks, depending on whether all the required documentation is in place and the efficiency of third parties like the municipality and deeds office.
Having the right paperwork in place before you list can reduce any stumbling blocks that may hold up the sale of your property.
What you will need:
- Original ID for FICA purposes
- Proof of residence dated in the last 2 months
- Proof of banking details dated in the last 3 months
- Proof of income tax number (IRP 5 or any official SARS document which shows TAX number) dated in the last 12 months
- Marriage or Divorce Certificate
- Bond cancellation. It is only recommended that you request this once an OTP has been signed
- Electrical Compliance Certificate ( You should only get this in order once OTP is unconditional)
We have a dedicated team that will help you through the process and guide you through each stage of your transfer.